13. Movie Ticketing Application
Design an online ticketing system where users can browse whats available and purchase movie tickets
- Functional Requirements
- Users can see theatre's and times for chosen films
- Users can stand by assuming quite seats could open up from cancellation
- Users can book tickets from the client
- Movies should be filterable by city
- Users should be able to purchase additional seats after initial purchase
- Nonfunctional Requirements
- Financial transactions need to be secure
- Data must be stored for 5 years
- Must not sell the same ticket to more than one user
- Client authentication not required
- 10 seat limit per user, per showtime.
- Each showtime takes 50 bytes.
- 250 cities
- 10 cinemas per city
- 1000 seats per cinema
- Estimated Usage
- 1.5 billion page views per month and sells
- 5 million tickets a month.
Seen this question in a real interview before?
Not all editor features are supported on mobile