3. Ecommerce Application
Design an ecommerce application
- Functional Requirements
- Stores can store inventory under different categories
- Users can search through inventory
- Users can make purchases
- Users can add product to cart/ Wishlist if he likes the product
- Nonfunctional Requirements
- 99.99 Percent Availability to users
- High consistency
- Low latency
- Setup reliable domain name of the site.
- Setup encryption for user data PII (Personal Identifiable Information)
- Increased visibility for most searched and Trending products.
- Each product webpage contains 500 kb of content per page according to best SEO practices for ecommerce.
- Each product page visual contains 350 - 400 kb of (image, video) content.
- Median URL size: 100 Bytes.
- Event-Driven HTTP Caching TTL 24 hours.
- Estimated Usage
- 250,000 product searches per day.
- 1500 new products added to inventory per month.
- 15000 products purchased each day.
Seen this question in a real interview before?
Not all editor features are supported on mobile